Friday, April 5, 2013

In The Pink

Years ago, my daughters broke into their piggy banks in order to buy me a pink Dogwood tree for Mother's Day.  It was small but I loved it.  Unfortunately, the neighbor's cows broke through the fence one day and ate my little tree.  Seriously !  They also did about $1500 other damage.  The neighbors would not reimburse us for any of the damage done to our flower beds, lawn, patio, etc which made me very upset.  But I was most upset to loose that little tree.  I love Dogwood so I am really excited that one of the new images for this month's release at  Doodle Pantry  is the Texas Dogwood.
Here is the set:
And here are the cards I made, playing with this new set:

Isn't that a beautiful image?
Laurie has all the images showcased at Doodle Pantry and also has a SALE going on but only for a few days so check it out today.

Challenges:
Crafty Catz - anything
Crafty Creations - flowers
Party Time Tuesday - flowers and ribbon
Ribbon Carousel - flowers
Marks Speedy TV - anything
Clear It Out - Spring


15 comments:

  1. loved reading your story about the cow breaking the tree. I love dogwoods too and they are just starting to bloom here - we live in the woods and have lots of wild dogwoods. Thanks for sharing your cards and your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both gorgeous cards. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz. Kim x – CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, these are both beautiful!! I really love the elegant look of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What elegant creations. Your beautifully colored images look fabulous against the patterned papers. Love the green and pink color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty image and card. Thanks for joining us at PTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at the Clear It Out Challenge Blog. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely cards! fabulous coloring of the flowers.
    Thanks for sharing your story.
    Lynnel
    CDAC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Marsha, what a sad story. But your card is just beautiful. Thanks for joining our challenges at CDAC!!

    Christine - CDAC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love pink dogwoods -- this is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That story just made me want to cry. I'd be so upset if someone was so unrepentant about causing the loss of a child's gift, regardless of the other damage. I also love dogwoods and have one in my yard. Your cards are beautiful and love the elegant pink and green combos. Thanks for playing Simple Salutations on Speedy TV. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your story Marsha, even though you had thoughtless neighbours! Dogwoods are beautiful and so are your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your gorgeous dogwood card. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your story and I LOVE your Dogwood cards! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card. I love dogwoods too. We had them when we lived in NC. Thanks for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge at CDAC.

    Peggy T.
    CDAC Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete