Friday, July 19, 2013

Growing Up Too Fast

My grandchildren are growing up too fast.  It doesn't seem possible that another one has hit double digits.
As soon as I saw this digital image by The Paper Shelter, I knew I had to have it because I could see my granddaughter when I looked at it.  I am happy to color with my pencils until I need to color dark skin. Then they fail me.(Someday I will spring for Copics)  Because I have three grandchildren from Ghana, I need to take a class for coloring darker skin colors.
Anyway, I do like this card and I think she will too.  The sentiment is Verve.  Vine is CherryLynn.
I made the frame by putting a Spellbinders Labels One inside a Spellbinders Lacy Square before running it through the Cuttlebug.
The right edge of the card is torn and inked with some distress ink.

Challenges:
Sentimental Sundays - framed
Marks Friends of Speedy TV - summer fun
Simon Stamp and Show - green
Crafty Cardmaker - birthday
Verve - tattered pages
Crafter Cafe - anything
Great Impression -  anything
Sisters Act - anything
Your Next Stamp - inspired colors


15 comments:

  1. Pretty card. Love the gentle image, she looks so nice and cool with her hair blowing in the breeze sitting under the tree (wish there was a breeze here!) I love how you have used two different spellies to frame the image, and the colours in the card are picked out perfectly in the image.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin xx
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card thanks for joining us at The Crafters Cfe and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely image beautifully framed. I am sure your grand-daughter will love it. Thanks for adding this to our FOSTV Summer Fun collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pretty colored image and your card layout.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Thank you again for playing along with our July YNS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely image and great frame with the vine around it. Thanks for playing along with this month's Diva Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and very sweet image... love the die cuts too... Thanks for joining us at Sister Act this week...HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card... perfect coloring and soft framing...

    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays...

    Sandy S
    (~Sentimental Sundays DT~)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card, your colouring is fab. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely looking card with a sweet design. Love how you have coloured the TPS image. Looks smashing! Thanks for playing along with us over at Crafty Card Makers this time.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweet card, luv your coloring...so glad you took the Tattered Pages Verve Diva Dare!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card! I really like the die cut frame and the very nicely coloured image!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooooh... I LOVE that frame you made!! This is such a pretty card! Thanks for joining in again at the YNS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is so pretty! I'm sure your granddaughter will love it. :) You sound like an awesome grandmother!

    ReplyDelete