Saturday, January 10, 2015

Goals For a New Year

Most new years come along and I don't pay much attention to them.   I never follow any new year's resolutions so I don't make any to begin with.  But this year is different.  I have several goals and by George, I'm going to keep them!
My first one is to get more organized in my housework.  We are talking deep cleaning because I'm pretty good about day to day stuff.  Part of this plan is to throw away and give away a ton of stuff.

The second resolution also has to do with being more organized but this is in the way of the design teams I am on.  To get rid of  papers and calendars on my desk, I made a calendar/note journal.
This Fall my husband encouraged me to buy a binder. (He is such a generous guy.)  I covered some chipboard with heavy designer paper.  Cut out the piece that says "notes; it was a piece of old designer paper I had.  I acquired some new stamps in the summer and have never used them so I used the Pure Innocence  set stamping the sentiments onto the "note" piece.  After stamping the girl and cutting it out with a Spellbinders die, I colored her with my new Copics.  YES!  My hubby bought some for me for Christmas even though I told him I was not going to get into that  because it was expensive.  He not only bought me a dozen, he told me to buy some more colors of my choice. (How fortunate I am to have him.)  Well, I couldn't even wait to buy more for shading - I just colored this image with what he gave me.  So yes, her skin is too orange but like I said, I couldn't wait.
After layering the oval with another Spellbinder scallop oval, I glued it to the lower portion of the "notes" piece.
Now for the inside.  I filled it with calendars and note pages to help keep me on schedule for my DT duties.  Most of the pages are from Busy Moms Helper.
After using it for a few weeks now, I know I should have put in a few more pages for notes; I will next year.
 I loaned my camera to my daughter for a few days and didn't realize I didn't have a picture of the back to show you until I started this post.  Oh, well, it is just more of the postcard designer paper.

So there you have it.  Is it helping me be more organized?  It is and even if it weren't, it was sure fun to make! LOL

Challenges:
Simon Monday - old and new
Papertakes - anything
Crafty Sentiments - new beginnings
Scrappyland - anything
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Simon Wednesday - something new
Crafters Cafe - something new
Pink Gem - somthing new
Open Minded - New Year's resolutions
Dies R Us - something new
V's Sweet Ideas - something new 

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous design and layout and a wonderful way to stay organized! Thank you for joining the Scrapy Land Challenge, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your organizer notebook! The girl is just so sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #9!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Marsha and it looks awesome! I love being organized ... makes life so much easier! Best of Luck on your 2015 organizing goals! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘ANYTHING GOES with a *NEW* TWIST’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful altered calendar notebook! Great way to stay organized. Thanks for joining the Dies R Us, January "Anything Goes with a NEW Twist"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab idea
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great plans, a super organiser, nice front page. I hope you will be back again really soon. Thank you so much for taking time to post your lovely art with us.
    Blessings
    Carole
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marsha I love your organizer! I bought one, but after seeing yours, I think I will make my next one! Thanks for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute project Marsha! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable job. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely job on the layout and colours, great project.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "New year’s Resolutions" challenge at Open Minded Crafting! Hope to see you playing, again, next time! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Open Minded Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card thank you for joining us at a gem of a challenge. I hope you will also enter our new challenge up now with a 'for the boys theme'
    Hugs kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your binder looks amazing. Love the image you used for the front. Thanks for sharing it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am loving your binder! Thanks for playing at Open Minded Crafting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Marsha!
    This is gorgeous! I always enjoy your cards, and I'm SO grateful when you link up with us. Thanks for sharing with us in this month's Something New Challenge. Have an awesome week!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    V's Sweet Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun! :)

    Petya DT

    ReplyDelete