Monday, February 23, 2015

Now That's Challenging

Some of my favorite cards are CAS.  I like simple.  I do well with simple.  But one layer cards?  Now that is definitely a challenge for me.  And that is the challenge at the Kraft Journal this week.
That should be challenge enough but, oh no, not me, I had to add to the challenge by doing something I have never done before - stamp, emboss, and color on Kraft.  I used Light Kraft Cardstock from the Kraft Outlet.
The surprising aspect of this is it was fun; I love the results; I will do it again.
The stamp is by Unity.  I used Copics  to fill in a little color.  I added some beautiful hand stained Vintage White Bias Ribbon.  That doesn't count as a layer, does it?
So do you want to take on the challenge to make a one layer card.  We at the Kraft Journal would love to see what you come up with.

Challenges:
Papertakes - Bingo (ribbon, free, blooms)
Simon Wednesday - add texture
Simon Monday - anything
Cute Card Thursday - floral delight

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! One layer cards are a huge challenge! It has to still look pleasing! Not the easiest to pull off. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the effect of coloring on kraft, Marsha! Your card is a beauty - CAS and love your gorgeous ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this technique, Marsha! In fact, before I even saw your card I made one very similar to it! Yikes! I did give you a shout-out in my blog post, because it looks like I CASed yours, but honestly, I didn't! I guess great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautiful! Love the gorgeous flower image. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete