Friday, April 17, 2015

Double Inspiration

So much beautiful eye candy this week on the blogs I follow.  I wanted to CASE a card I saw on one site, Stamplorations,  but before I got going on it, I saw a sketch I wanted to use.  So I combined the two.
First my card:
I love all the daisies on Shery Russ' card, the one I wanted to CASE.
When I was going through my stamps for a daisy image, I decided to use one by ODBD.  That caused me to go to the ODBD blog to check out the challenge. That is when I decided to use the sketch and use the stamp as a BG stamp.  (This sound like the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie..." !)
Here is the ODBD sketch:
Here is the stamp I used
I stamped the lower right corner of my white cardstock then turned the stamped and stamped the lower left corner using Always Artichoke ink.  After stamping again on a separate piece, I cut out the butterfly with the matching die.  Coloring was done with Copics.
The moss colored piece is embossed with a SU embossing folder and the yellow piece with a Cuttlebug folder.
The verse in the center is cut with a Spellbinder Curved Rectangle.  It is one of the verses from the Word Art Wednesday blog.  They have a verse each week you can download for free.

So that is the evolution of my card. 
Hope you like it.

Challenges:
Stamplorations - CASE
Simon Monday - in the middle
Dies R Us - flowers
Simon Wednesday - make your own BG
Party Time Tuesday - anything
Simon Work It Wednesday - use a stamp
Our Daily Bread - sketch




12 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Marsha and your coloring is awesome! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘MAY FLOWERS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was intrigued by the sentiment on your "chicken" card, then I saw this one on the way - it is lovely - great yellows! - Now I have another item on my wish list what a great stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Marsha, a lovely design and colour scheme.......your stamp is gorgeous and a beautiful butterfly!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Marsha! I love that butterfly popped up on the corner. Thank you for CASEing my card, and for linking up your beautiful creation in the STAMPlorations gallery! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card. The colors, the composition...all Wonderful! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ~Michelle

    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bright & happy card. Thanks for joining us for our 'April Showers bring May Flowers' challenge #24.
    Alicia (Dies R Us DT)
    MaxiBelle Studio

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous and beautiful card, Marsha!! I just love the cheery colors and the daisies to frame the beautiful verse. Great take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bright and beautiful card Marsha. Gorgeous colours and I love the embossed panels and how you framed the verse. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light chalenge. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card!! Love the embossing, the way you used that stamp and the way you laid it out. Great take on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great combination of sketch and CASE! Thanks for joining in at the STAMPlorations CASE playground.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Marsha. Love how you combined youe CASE of Shery's card with the sketch. Thanks for having fun with us in the STAMPlorations' CASE Playground. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome inspired card from Shery's! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations Inspiration~

    ReplyDelete