Friday, June 19, 2015

Key To Peace and Joy

This quote is such good advice.  I keep telling myself to enlarge it and make it into something to hang on my wall.  I might even use this sketch and same papers.   But for now - a card.

The sketch at Sketch Saturday was a great sketch for this quote.  I used embossed paper with clock hands to represent moments.  The key(die) is cut out from the designer paper on the left to represent the key to peace and joy.  The quote reminds me of the Bible verses, Philippians 4:6-7,   "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
It is easy to praise and thank God in the happy, good moments.  Much harder to thank Him and trust Him in the tough times.  "In everything give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
 I Thessalonians 5:18
I made this card for someone going through some tough physical and financial problems.  I hope it will be encouraging.



Challenges:
Sketch Saturday
Di's Digis - use a die cuts (key,rectangles)
Die Cuttin Divas - masculine (key die- Poppy Stamps, Curved Rectangles - Spellbinder )
Inspiration Destination - anything
Cute Card Thursday - quote
Word Art Wednesday - anything 












7 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely quote and so beautifully made into this lovely card. I particularly like your paper choices with the key embellishment and how the quote is secured in place with those photo frame thingies - the name of which is totally escaping me!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your lovely card in Di's Digi Designs "Use a Die Cut" challenge. Hope you can join in our latest challenge too, it's a nice easy one :-) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and wonderful card Marsha thank you for joining us this week over on Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog
    Dianne x
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossed paper is a wonderful background for the sentiment. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, on our 188th Challenge. We appreciate you very much.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sentiment, Marsha. Beautiful card. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing it in our challenge this week. Its always a pleasure to have you play along with us, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great quote!! I've seen it before and love it! IT WOULD be perfect as a wall hanging. Very pretty card, Marsha!
    So glad you've shared with us at Word Art Wednesday! God bless!

    ReplyDelete