Monday, October 19, 2015

Not So Scary Scarecrow

This scarecrow is just too cute to scare away any crows.  If I remember right, the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz and the scarecrows we made for our gardens years ago had the same affect. LOL


The challenge at the Kraft Journal is Anything with a Scarecrow.  I love this digital image by Doodle Pantry.  I tried to help him be a little more frightful by adding the BOO sticker from the Tim Holz Seasonal Salvage Stickers but I don't think the bird is impressed.
The base of my card is Warm Brown Kraft cardstock.  The fence is cut from that cardstock too.  After cutting it out, I ran it through the Cuttlebug with a woodgrain embossing folder and added a bit of ink.  The grass is cut with a YNS die cut.  All those elements are placed on a piece of Buff Ivory Text paper on which I printed a "moon" using a feature in my computer's publishing program.  I also sponged a little bit of distress ink on the edges of the Buff paper.
I have several scarecrow stamps and digital images, do you?  If so, the Kraft Journal would like to see how you use them.

Challenges:
Simon Wednesday - halloween colors
Di's Digis - too cute to spook
Crop Stop -distress ink, cuttlebug, scorepal
DLArt - anything
V's Sweet Ideas - spooktacular
Dies R Us - ghoul friends, halloween

4 comments:

  1. OMG how cute is this guy! Great job Marsha! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘GHOUL FRIENDS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background you created for the happy scarecrow Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes October Linky Challenge.
    KatieO
    DL.ART-DTmember

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun fall card love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet scarecrow card ;) thank you so much for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete