Monday, June 5, 2017

How Rich I Am

Many years ago I was visiting with a man who was very well off financially but had just gone through a divorce and who was estranged from his son.  At the time I had been married thirty years, had six children, three of which were in college with GPA's of 3.8 and higher.  (He would joke about that by calling my children by their GPA instead of their names). All my kids were doing well in school, jobs, and relationships with us.  This man told me, "I know you are barely making it financially, but you are one of the richest persons I know. "  That has stuck with me and I know it is true.  He didn't even know how rich because he was unaware of my spiritual blessings and riches in Jesus Christ.  "No eye has seen, no ear has heard and no one’s heart has imagined all the things that God has prepared for those who love him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9
Sometimes I like to let my children know that they are my treasures by making a card and telling them how much they mean to me, how proud I am of them.

The die set I used for the house is Elizabeth Crafts Designs Holiday House.  The clouds are Memory Box Puffy Clouds.  For the grass I used a MFT Icicle die.  The sentiment is Unity.
This is one of the cards I am showcasing on the Dies R Us Inspirational Blog.  It would be great if you would give it a view and then go to the Dies R Us challenge blog to  play along.

Thanks for looking.

Challenges:
Crop Stop - anything
Joy Clair - anything
7 Kids - anything
Simon Wednesday - anything
Cardz TV - anything
Mailbox Smiles - anything
Word Art Wednesday - anything

1 comment:

  1. You're rich in the things that matter most!
    I love your sweet card and the fact that you sending it to one of your children to let them know how much they mean to you!
    Love the paper you used to die cut your house - perfect!
    Thanks for faithfully linking up to Cropstop - it's always a pleasure to visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete