Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Expressing Thanks

Even though I have become a very grateful person and preach about having an attitude of gratitude,  I still fall short expressing thanks and gratitude to individuals.  It is so nice to have someone say "thank you".  It helps debunk some of those insecure feelings, gives me a shot of reality that someone noticed me and some of my behind the scenes work, that I really do have some significance.  I know that others must feel the same.  So,  I am getting better about sending thank you cards.  Here is one I made to let a person know how much I appreciate her unselfish acts of kindness.

I used the sketch at Stamplorations:
I used my new Stamploration stencil.
After inking a portion of the stencil with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment. Everything good so far and then a smudge from the dark pigment embossing powder - ugh.  Thus the splatters. I thought that was a better option than starting over. 

Challenges:
Stamploration theme and/or sketch 
Stamploration CAS 


Stamploration Anything Goes
 Stamploration  Giving Thanks Blog Hop

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Beautiful card and I agree with all you said about telling people thanks! It does makes them feel better and us also when the thanks are returned to us!!! Love the sentiment!!! Where can I find it??

      Delete
    2. Sentiment is by Unity. I don't remember if it is part of a set or not because I store my stamps mostly by categories and themes rather than by company.

      Delete
  2. Lovely take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Stamplorations Theme and Sketch challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty! Thank you for joining us at Stamploration November CAS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card ....Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS card Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete