Friday, January 12, 2018

Trying Something New

While going through a few blog hops recently, one of the questions asked was what are your goals for 2018.  I never give that much thought at the beginning of each year but these blogs made me ponder that question.  So one of the crafting goals for this year is to try some new techniques and make some items that are not cards.  So....
I loved making these.  Easier than I thought they would be and what a cute gift.
This is the first one which I am keeping in my kitchen. It seems I can never find a piece of paper and pen when I want one in there. 
The blue cardstock is old 12 x 12 that is just sitting around because I don't do any scrapbooking any more.  The pretty patterned paper is heavy designer paper that someone gave me as they were downsizing their craft stash.  The sentiment is a digital stamp that I colored with copics to match the colors on the paper and I backed it with a MFT stitched rectangle.  The flower embellishment is a Silhouette flower in my left over stash.  I adhered a black pearl to three flowers.
Here is the inside:
And here is the second one I made that I will give away to a DIL just for the fun of it.

The flowers on this one are Verve stamps which I stamped and embossed with white EP and then cut with the corresponding dies by Verve.
Fun project.  I know I will make more.
Challenges:
Simon Wednesday - use patterned paper
Cardz TV - anything
Cut It Up - something new
Cuttlebug Mania - flowers
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Deep Oceans - something new
Dies R Us - anything goes
Words 2 Craft By - And suddenly you know: It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.
 Crop Stop - anything
7 Kids - anything

10 comments:

  1. What a bright and happy paper pad holder! I, too, can never find a pen and piece of paper when I need it. LOL. Thank you for joining us at W2CB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new project is a great way to begin a new year! Love how you combined all of the different products together into such a pretty notepad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are great to have. I always have one or two notebooks going where I can jot down my to-do lists or anything else I can think of!

    Thanks for joining us for our New Year's Resolutions and Goals challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great, Marsha! They would make nice gifts...so pretty! Thanks for linking up to Cropstop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your project...yes I too enjoy " not a card" projects
    Thank you so much for joining us at the Cuttlebugmania Challenge!
    Cuttlebugmania Challenge DT
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the note set. Die Cut Divas is having a challenge - something new you're doing or using. Just add us in your post and enter. Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea to embellish this with a similar 3D flower, Marsha! And your card utilizes this printed paper perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice card! We are grateful that you joined our Challenge here at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with the inspiration that comes from God's Word in Romans 1:17 which says, "For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.” Have a blessed week.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marsha, I love your goal to make non-card items! (Maybe I should make that a goal, too, and get on those two mini scrapbooks I've put off for far too long. LOL) And, I love the idea of personalizing a note pad. Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at Words 2 Craft By.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty note holder!!
    Thanks for joining cut it up this week

    ReplyDelete